Tuesday 7 July 2015

Welcome post...

With the ever-growing bank of information, virtual adventures and journeys that twitter, tumblr, Instagram, random blogs and journals take us on every day; it’s become increasingly difficult to find things we genuinely want to experience. Not just because it would look good on our Instagram feeds, or because our favourite YouTuber or that really cool chick on tumblr posted it as a challenge.
Much like this post, the internet has a tendency to go on and on and on with itself.
Just last week, I found myself googling ‘tumblr projects to do in the summer’ seeing as all my friends are off on glamorous vacations while I’m stuck at home. And by glamorous I mean cruises and road trips in America and living in Dubai for a month and siestaing in Spain. I’m not even kidding. I’m literally stuck at hoame, glued to my desk and chair. The highlight of my summer as it seems is going to be looking distastefully at the huge pile of books I promised to read this summer and scrolling through Instagram maliciously double tapping all those holiday pictures that I won’t be in. Let’s face it, that pile of books isn’t moving anywhere still. I'll be lucky if I can finish the one I began reading two summers ago.
The truth is, there’s just so much crap, per say, to choose from on the internet, I can’t decide which one I aimlessly want to waste my time to do over the other. Spend loads of money buying film to take hipster Polaroid pictures and stick them on my wall for no apparent reason? Or redecorate my entire room with bloody fairy lights and dream catchers and lanterns and rugs?
Say I’ve done all those things above. Then what?
That’s where this blog comes in.
Welcome to my summer of 2015.

2 comments:

  1. There's definitely one thing I'm doing this summer and that's reading your summer blog. Love the sound of it already. Cannot wait to hear more from you - G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though its winter where I am, I am so keen to binge-read your summer blog! Its beautifully inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete