Thursday 9 July 2015

Gwen Stacy

This isn't something I've written, neither am I going to take credit for it, but it's one of my most favourite things ever and I feel like it's perfect for this time of the year. Especially because I've just finished college (that's the equivalent of year 13 for all the non-British folks out there) and university and the rest of my life seems so scary and uncertain.
This just sums up everything I want to wake up thinking for the rest of my life.
This is Gwen Stacy's valedictorian speech as seen in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' movie. Emma Stone gets to act this speech out which may partly also be the reason so why I'm so in love with it but if you haven't already read this, you'll know what I mean once you do.
"I know that we all think we're immortal. We're supposed to feel that way. We're graduating. Like our brief four years in high school, what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it precious is that it ends. I know that now more than ever. And I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life. make yours count for something. Fight for what matters to you, no matter what. Because even if you fall short, what better way is there to live?
It's easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like today, there there will be dark days ahead of us too. There will be days when you feel all alone. No matter how buried and lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold onto hope. Keep it alive! We have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you is to become hope. People need that. And even if we fail, what better way is there to live? As we look around here to day at all the people who helped make us who we are, I know it feels like we're saying goodbye but we will carry a piece of each other into everything we do next. To remind us of who we are and who we were meant to be. I've had a a great four years and I'll miss you all very much."

1 comment:

  1. I love her speech... Even tho she probably didn't write it herself but credit to whoever did. One of the most motivational things I've heard in my life till now. And just reading it again has made me so emotional about leaving college. Nothing lasts forever... - G x

    ReplyDelete